Jump to Navigation

Parental Move-Away Issues

San Jose Parental Move-Away Attorney

If you are a parent looking to relocate with your child - whether you are looking to move out of the area, out of the state, or out of the country - you must first seek approval from California family law courts. The best interests of the child involved will be kept in mind when determining whether or not to approve the relocation.

If you are a parent who wishes to object to the parental move-away, you should speak to a child custody lawyer as soon as possible. Again, the best interests of the child involved will be kept in mind in these cases.

At The Law Office of Patricia M. McKinnie, we represent parents in child move-away cases. We can help you seek a child custody modification if you are looking to move with your child. Alternatively, we can help you explore your legal options if you wish to keep your child living close to you. Contact us online or call our San Jose law office at 408-297-2922.

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Our Office

31 East Julian Street
San Jose, CA 95112

Phone: (408) 297-2922
Fax: (408) 287-1098

E-mail Us | San Jose Law Offices

For your convenience, we
accept all major credit cards.

Visa MasterCard American Express Discover